Il Bisonte was founded by Maria Luigia Guaita and few friends in 1959 in Firenze, here you may find a brief description of its story.
Henry Moore came to Il Bisonte after the flood of Florence in the 1966, he became so fond of this place that he made here 13 editions of lithographies. From this friendship and mutual respect was born the exhibition of his sculptures at Forte Belvedere changing the face of the city ever after.
The idea of having Pablo Picasso doing a lithography for Il Bisonte was of Carlo Ludovico Ragghianti and was his help that made the project true.
Maria Luigia Guaita was a partisan during the Second World War after which she continued to fight her battles in the cultural sphere, an active protagonist of the Florentine scene: as a journalist for Il Mondo magazine and collaborator of the Edizioni U in the first post-war period and then creator and conductor of the Edizioni d'Arte Il Bisonte.
Maria Luigia Guaita used to say she owed everything to Carlo Ludovico Ragghianti.